Monday, February 9, 2009

Why You DON"T Want To Be A Network Marketing Drone.

If you boil it down, what you are taught to do in traditional Network Marketing is basically a process of taking you from an individual and turning you into a robot in the name of creating a duplicatable system.

The theory is if there are 100 drones of you out there doing the same thing that your personal power and effectiveness as a marketer is increased by 100 times.

Is this true?

Yes, in theory it is, but the truth behind it all is it's just not possible. You are you, and I am me. I can't be you and you can't be me. It's not something that can happen, so to teach and mold people into models of you is fundamentally flawed.

Network Marketing is based on the idea of duplication, and because of this the next natural tendency is to think that to duplicate you or me, you should go out there being a lil mini me in order for it to work at it peak effectiveness.

In a nutshell that the theory and a seductive one at that. I fell for it, and you are probably falling for it right now. What you come to realize of the course of time is it's flawed in very essence.

Just because something sometimes seems naturally right does not mean it is fundamentally sound.

Here's why.

It takes you from being a valuable resource and turns you into a mundane commodity, hence the problem with duplication in Network Marketing and the question of "Well why should I join you?"

First the definition of a commodity....

A largely homogeneous product sold or traded solely on the basis of price.

In other words:

You go to the grocery store and you want milk, there are 18 different varieties of milk, and because you know that all milk is essentially just milk, you choose which one you buy basically for the price. You ask yourself..."I wonder which one is on sale today?", and that's the one you buy.

This is what building your business on the idea of creating 100 yous does.... All those other "yous" are indistinguishable from each other and your prospect basically chooses on price. Now, is that what you want?

If your sponsor teaches you to just follow the system because that's what works, you can do that. But realize in doing that, you are turning yourself into a drone. In other words, you stop being "you" and you become "one of them."

The top producer, the guy that making the $100,000.00 checks every month, he's excited to turn you into a drone because he knows his power comes from the summation of the whole. But at the same time he has little concern for the personal survival of each individual drone within his army.

Why?

It doesn't matter if YOU survive. All that matters is the further assimilation and duplication of additional drones, because that is where the massive leverage is for him.

For you and me, our leverage lies in the exact opposite approach. If you step out of the drone army and return yourself to the status of "individual", you instantly create value in YOU. When you create value in your own unique way, your prospects can n longer ask "Why should I join you?", because your value to them will be unique and instantly identifiable.

I'm not saying vanilla ice cream isn't the highest consumed ice cream and wont continue to be, all I'm saying is that is NOT what you want to be. Define your flavor and you will find many people out there who will love it!

If you are struggling in a company that teaches you to be a "drone", and doesn't seem to care about the "individual", I encourage you to take a look at the company I am involved in. Not only do they care, but if you decide to join through my website, you will have one on one help, teaching, and training with me. I work with everyone in my organization to help them achieve the highest of goals and dreams. You can find my site in the top right corner of this page, or just click here http://www.raydavishomebiz.com/

Hope you have a safe and wonderful day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment